fc3, sendmail, dovecot: cannot receive from outside

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Mar 9 01:46:06 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 08.03.2005 schrieb rado um 19:48:

> I don't think the msgs are getting thru to that system because this
> sendmail is setup on an FC2 machine and it's getting the replies of msgs
> that should have gone to that other server. So it looks like that fc3
> sys is refusing but I can't see in the logs where it's doing so. I have
> remaked  the "mc" file a couple times in /etc/mail. host and resolve
> look ok...just dunno

> John Rose

Is rivers-bend.com your domain? Then it has a valid MX enty in DNS,
pointing to mail.rivers-bend.com, which is IP mail.rivers-bend.com. Is
that the public IP address of your FC3 host? I doubt as the Sendmail on
that machines says to be 8.12.11 and FC3 ships with Sendmail 8.13.1.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:41:45 up 6:26, 16 users, 0.18, 0.32, 0.29