FC3 Networking with Multiple NICs

Rob Miracle rwm at photo-miracles.com
Wed Mar 9 04:16:03 UTC 2005

I've got a Dell laptop with FC3 installed.  It has a built in wired
ethernet which gets ID'd as eth0.  When I plug it into the docking station,
it picks up the ethernet port there as eth1.  The system uses which ever
one the cord is plugged into since it detects the cable missing from the
other.  No problem so far.  I've also got an SMC wireless card id'ed as
ath0.  If I'm wireless, it uses ath0 like it should.  However, if I plug my
wired in to eth0 (I haven't tried it with the docking station since I got
the ath drivers installed), it appears to pick up ath0 as the network card
of choice.

Is there a way to prioritize eth0 other than pulling the wireless card out?

Thanks,

Rob
--
Rob Miracle