Don't Waste Time on Fedora Mailing List Archive Searches - Search Engine Broken

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Wed Mar 9 04:38:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 20:33 -0500, David Curry wrote:
> Matt Florido wrote:
>
> > David Curry wrote:
> >
> >> Subject thread says it all.
> >> The Red Hat archive search engine is broken, broken, broken.

I'd agree that it leaves a LOT to be desired.

> > I've experienced something similar, but it's not broken.

not broken?! ...are we talking about this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

I'd call it flaky at best.

> If Fedora archive searches work for you (sometimes) and for Rahul, but
> not for me then they are not completely broken -- just random, blatantly
> unreliable events.

The real point of my post is that at least one usable alternative
exists:

http://marc.10east.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=3

And maybe that's all we need, is one alternative.  I'd be easy if that
was redhat's site, but it's good and right that others provide support
too.  What I find much more troubling than redhat's lack of a good
archive is the lack of good pointers from anywhere 'officially branded '
_to_ these types of community sites.  But I digress...

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>