How to set DNS{1,2} in network-script config?

Ciba LO cibalo at gmx.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 06:33:05 UTC 2005

Hello Fedora Listers,

I would like to add the first nameserver line of "nameserver 192.168.1.3"
into the /etc/resolv.conf when the eth0 start booting up with dhcp.  I,
therefore, add "DNS{1,2}=192.168.1.3" in ifcfg-eth0.  But, that doesn't
worked okayed for me.  The listing of the ifcfg's are copied as follows.

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
DNS{1,2}=192.168.1.3
IPV6INIT=no

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=yes
PEERDNS=yes
TYPE=xDSL
DEVICE=ppp0
BOOTPROTO=dialup
PIDFILE=/var/run/pppoe-adsl.pid
FIREWALL=NONE
PING=.
PPPOE_TIMEOUT=80
LCP_FAILURE=3
LCP_INTERVAL=20
CLAMPMSS=1412
CONNECT_POLL=6
CONNECT_TIMEOUT=60
PERSIST=no
SYNCHRONOUS=no
DEFROUTE=yes
USER='username at myisp.com'
ETH=eth0
PROVIDER=ppp0
DEMAND=no

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search pppoe.dialer
nameserver xxx.0.128.241
nameserver xxx.0.255.216

By the way, if there is way to change default search domain list of
'pppoe.dialer' in /etc/resolv.conf with the dhclient automatically when
booting up.

Please help!!!

Best Regards,
Ciba LO<cibalo at gmx.co.uk>

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms