FC3 Kudzu can't find Advansys SCSI card

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Mar 9 10:36:20 UTC 2005

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Cobalt wrote:
>
>> OK, will do. In the meantime, is there any way I can force it by
>> manually configuring whatever kudzu would do automatically?
>

> Test if the driver loads:
>
> modprobe advansys
>
> Check /var/log/messages to see that it is loaded.
>
> Try adding
>
> alias scsi_hostadapter advansys
>
> to your /etc/modprobe.conf and see if the module
> is loaded at boot time.

This will only take effect after a rebuild of your initrd.

It's only recently (a month or so) that the advansys module has started
being included again in Fedora x86 kernels. Prior to that, you had to
build the module yourself, so I did a webpage on how to get it working:

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/drivers/advansys/

There may be some useful information for the OP there.

Paul.