FC3 and selinux

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 14:39:02 UTC 2005

Hans Müller wrote:

>>Why is /etc/php.ini a link file?
>>

>It is a link file because i have installed then Zend Optimizer.

Ok I will add the privs to do this.

>>>and at step 5 I have entry with the avc: denied messages.
>>>This have i found:
>>>Mar  9 13:19:00 homer kernel: audit(1110370740.023:0): avc:  denied  {
>>>unlink } for  pid=5797
>>>exe=/usr/sbin/httpd name=ssl_mutex.5797 dev=hda1 ino=1063633
>>>scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t
>>>tcontext=root:object_r:httpd_log_t tclass=file
>>>

>>Is there a way to get these files creates somewhere else? We might need
>>to change policy, but allowing httpd the ability to unlink log files
>>is not an option.  Since this would allow a cracker to cleanup his tracks.
>>

>I think no. The logfiles the since FC2 can it be that a have to do something with the logfiles??

No the problem is the mutex files.  You could clean those up in the init
scripts but the problem is, httpd is creating
those files in /etc/httpd/logs directory, which gives them a file
context of httpd_log_t which is the same as the log files.
So in order to delete them, httpd needs the ability to delete
httpd_log_t, which would allow it to delete its log files.

--
Learn, Network and Experience Open Source.
Red Hat Summit, New Orleans 2005