Termcap/Terminfo & Ncurses

armen ayvazian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:25:16 UTC 2005

Indeed, changing LANG="en_US.UTF-8" to LANG="en_US" seems to fix the
screen-via-putty issues.  I'll have to wait until later in the day to
check out the results on my FreeBSD system, although I suspect that's
been fixed by this change as well.  Now that I know *what* was causing
this issue, I'll have to put some time into learning more about *why*
and what the purpose of the initial entry in /etc/sysconfig/i18n was.
Thanks very much for the insight.  You've single-handedly restored my
faith in mailing lists.
Now...anyone want to tackle some IPMI issues?  Eh, I'll bring those up
later.
Thanks again.
armen