Installing from an Updated list of RPMS using NFS

Tony Molloy molloyt at keano.csis.ul.ie
Wed Mar 9 17:13:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

I want to install FC3 using the latest RPMS over NFS. This means I have
to build an updated set of RPMS on my NFS exported partition. This
worked with no problems on FC2.

I copy the FC3 disks to my NFS exported partition. Copy over the updated
version of the RPMS. Tidy up the  Fedora/RPMS directory removing any
duplicated RPMS.

I then run genhdlist

[root at richmond mnt]# /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath
                                Fedora  /mnt

no errors

Now I understand you have to run pkgorder after this and then genhdlist
again. So I run pkgorder and get the following traceback error.

[root at richmond mnt]# /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder
    Traceback (most recent call last):
         File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder", line 12, in ?
         from anaconda_log import anaconda_log
         ImportError: No module named anaconda_log

What's the correct way to do this, Thank's.

Tony
--

Tony Molloy.

Dept. of Comp. Sci.