Bittorrent - how to use on Linux?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Mar 9 18:03:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 16:20 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Well I guess I wouldn't know how much time it would take up until I'd
> tried it. I'd be willing to consider it, but I'd have thought it would
> be better if someone that could read and write python did it (that would
> rule me out at the moment). I've noticed that the GUI in particular has
> had some python portability issues in the past and I've only been able
> to resolve them by googling for a solution from someone that actually
> knows how to fix them.

I see your point. But how about a division of labour? You could contact
the current maintainer of the Extras BitTorrent package and tell him
about yours, share your spec files, etc. It seems a shame that the
Extras packages are lagging behind, and I'm using yours at the moment
and they rock (BitTorrent 4.0 is very nice, and the new gui with the
ability to queue downloads is great). The only thing missing I can think
of is a mime type entry so that you could just double click on torrent
files in Nautilus and have them added to the queue.

Best, Darren