SLATEC library

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Mar 9 20:55:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Globe Trotter wrote:

> Thanks, btw, it looks like FC has gotten rid of LAPACk. I have noticed that you
> are from a Math Sci place. Do you know how we can get Extras or other places to
> carry these things? While we can build these things, it would really help if
> there is an available repository so that people who don't want to mess with
> building can have yum or something automatically update.

AFAIK, it's fairly easy to get a package into Extras if you are willing to
maintain it.  Some of the other repos may also be willing to carry it on
request, esp. if it comes with a maintainer.  LAPACK should be pretty easy
to maintain, too, as it is fairly standalone and there's already a decent
spec file for it.

> Thanks and best wishes!
>
> PS: On another issue, changing kernels for the apmsleep has not had any effect,
> and I have given up...

Ah, well.  I've actually switched to ACPI pretty permaently now, since
there are patches for the radeonfb module that solve the Thinkpad ACPI
suspend power-drain problem.  There's a bug filed in Red Hat Bugzilla
(don't have the number handy) that points to a bug in the kernel.org
Bugzilla with that discussion and pointers to test kernels.