problem launching emacs from panel

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:19:06 UTC 2005

When I try to add a custom emacs launcher to the panel in both KDE and
gnome, it doesn't work.  I get the following error:
Cannot open load file: term/x-win

It also doesn't work when I use the programming->emacs button from the main
menu.

When I start emacs from a shell it works fine.  What is different about
launching it from the panel that could cause this error?  Thanks...

                    David

PS - I'm running fc3.  On redhat9, I was able to launch emacs from the panel
using the same user account.