How to check if I got some package installed?

Leandro Melo ltcmelo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:49:50 UTC 2005

So, to check for some package I could just make
rpm -qa|grep <desiredpacknage>
But then I got another question.
Sometimes I got confused by distros stuff. Please correct my sentence.
All softwares (libraries) I have in my system are in the form of "rpm"
because Fedora is a red hat based system, right?
Is that way I can assume that if I got something installed in my
system, it's installed under a rpm form, right?
Thanks.

--
Leandro