FC3 Security

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 00:21:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 19:15, Alexander Boström wrote:
> ons 2005-03-09 klockan 14:00 -0500 skrev Scot L. Harris:
>
> > From the sounds of it you don't
> > even have a single choke point that you could monitor traffic on let
> > alone block some of the virus traffic that is generated on a regular
> > basis.
>
> > University networks must be havens for spammers with policies like this.
>
> You're assuming too much. We deal swiftly with zombie hosts, illegal
> filesharing, virus infections, unpatched hosts and the like, regardless
> of whether we discover the problem ourselves or there's an incoming
> abuse complaint.
>
> /abo

Just working with the info provided.  :)

The job would be so much easier if proper firewalls and tools were in
place.  But if you like running around trying to track down several
dozen machines infected with the virus of the day every day of the week
more power to you.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."
-- Aeschylus