fc3, sendmail, and dovecot problems revisited

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Mar 10 01:58:17 UTC 2005

Alexander and Bob, please accept my appology, I was so wrong!

Yes, the mail system works fine in the 2nd server...10.0.0.12 if y'all
can remember.

Bob, you both were so close and made me look into the router config and
yep, there it was, in front of God and everybody. It's a zoom 5x adsl
router, I had completely forgotten that I did indeed set up; not nat but
something like it. Virtual ummm anyway...you give it the public
port ..private port tcp or udp and private address you want it to point
to...well I had 6 ports pointed to 53,80,25,21,20..all those tcp and 53
udp all pointing to 10.0.0.10....I added these exact same ports but
pointing to 10.0.0.12 and yes...mail works now.

I'm sorry for that you guys.

mind you that this is temporary. gringo w/all this that I am, I really
have to or want to give each of these 2 servers it's own unique primary
address...like 10.0.0.20 and 10.0.0.21. and use 10.0.0.10 as the server
address which will roam between the both of them. I am not sure how to
do this yet and I will be trying to get smart on this subject now. I
will be gettin back to y'all soon.

thx for all u2

John Rose
--