Samba and Firewall

Shu Hung (Koala) koala at dg21.com
Thu Mar 10 02:38:08 UTC 2005

Sorry very much for my stupidity.
I don't know how to config iptables (but system-config-securitylevel :P)
And I don't know how to use ethereal ether.

I think at some point on the first connection to samba,
windows SMB client must have used a port other than 139:tcp 445:tcp
137:udp and 138:udp ...
... I'm not sure about that

Besides, does anyone have any experience on samba + iptables settings?

--
Technical Support, DigitalOne Limited
Tel: 8100-2616 / 2545-1383