Configuring Mon for Webmin

Langdon Stevenson langdon at meetjoebloggs.com
Thu Mar 10 03:38:47 UTC 2005

Hi

I have a new Fedora Core 3 install in which I am having trouble getting
the Mon monitor service to run.

When I attempt to run it through Webmin I get the following error:

The MON configuration file /etc/webmin/mon/mon.cf was not found on your
system. Maybe MON is not installed, or your module configuration is
incorrect.

I have looked at the Mon config file through webmin but the paths shown
don't match the install location of Mon.

In the end I uninstalled the Mon Webmin module and installed the latest
version via RPM hoping that this would fix the problem.  No such luck, I
get exactly the same error message.

Could someone please point me to some config and setup info for Mon, or
point out what I need to change to get it working?  I have been able to
find nothing via Google (very unusual) on the subject.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Langdon