IIIMF under English KDE session

Torben M. Hansen HANSEN.Torben at nims.go.jp
Thu Mar 10 04:00:43 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 07:36, Akira TAGOH wrote:
snip
> MY> I add the following lines in to ~/.i18n,
> MY> LANG="zh_CN.UTF-8"
> MY> XIM=htt
> MY> XMODIFIERS="@im=htt"
snip
> To get it working on English session, please see the below:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/i18n/iiimf-faq.html
Although I have not tried the exact method described there I'll question
wether itn't a small mistake. I have simply include support for Japanese (I
guess it's the same Chinese) when I installed Fedora.
Running
LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 XMODIFIERS=@im=htt kedit
does then not work, but
LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 XMODIFIERS=@im=htt kedit
does.
So the question is; shouldn't you set LC_CTYPE (or LC_ALL) rather than LANG.
Another problem with changing LANG is that in some programs the menus also
change. If you're not a native you might not want that.

Regards
Torben