Fedora Core 3 (exiting the GUI desktop)

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Thu Mar 10 04:18:28 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:12:17PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>

>>Ok, I just hadto say something:
>>Alt+Ctlr+F1does not exit you to 'the' terminal . It 'switches' you to
>>'a' terminal from the main terminal where your GUI is loaded.
>>Experiment with Alt+Ctlr+F<1 to 10> keys and you'll see what I mean.
>>

>While we're correcting people :) there's nothing particularlyy "main" about
>the terminal X happens to be running on.

sorry, I said main as FC is configured to load X to screen 7 (yes / no
?) I really should have at least put main in quotes.

>>You may want to experiment with Alt+Ctlr+Backspace to exit the GUI, i'd
>>try it now, but i'm a bit busy.
>>

>This generally won't work, since GDM will respawn.

I thought as much, I really didn't want to try it at the time. I just
did. And KDM loads up on Alt+Ctlr+Backspace even though you're already
at KDM
Sorry for the misinfo.
Thanks for the correction.