Access Point problem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Mar 10 05:48:29 UTC 2005

Rick Stevens wrote:
  > No problem.  I get what you're saying.  Your AP is acting exactly as
> an AP should--as a link between wireless and a wired LAN.
>
> Now, as for managing it, you can get on your Linux box and:
>
>     route add net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth1
>
> That adds a route for your Linux box that will send traffic for the
> 192.168.0/24 network out via eth1.  If you haven't changed the AP's
> set up, you should then be able to http://192.168.0.50 and get to
> the AP's GUI management interface.

Perhaps you've seen my Solved! post on this problem. At any rate, I
successfully changed the AP address to bring it within my LAN subnet, so
the above suggestion wasn't necessary. Thanks for making it, though. I
learned many things in solving this problem, and one was that there many
ways to solve my problem.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA