FC3 fail to activate (modem) with error 2

Fedora Q fedora at altrad.com.au
Thu Mar 10 14:22:38 UTC 2005

Newbie, so pls bear with me. Acquired machine with RH9 middle last year. Managed to install FC1 over that
without problems two months ago.  Been lurking since to see if upgrade/alternate install on the cards. This
week I upgraded straight to FC3 since the Linux Australia magazine included the disks with latest issue.

Biggest problem is the modem. It all looks the same but maybe I've neglected to tick/untick something.
When I ask it to activate modem (ppp0) it doesn't even start to dial just flicks up message saying that
it "fail to activate XXX with error 2".

Cannot find mention of "error 2" with regard to modem activation in previous threads.

Pls note I do everything thru gnome. Did download 'flash' with Command Line but I had very precise
instructions to follow.