Yum problems for fedora-extras....

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Mar 10 15:04:36 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 10.03.2005 schrieb Irving, Dave um 15:49:

> > This isn't a URL.  Try using
> > http_proxy = http://proxyhostname:proxyport
>
> Oh dear, oh dear. What a fool I've been...
> I replaced the proxy setting with an ** actual ** URL (rather than the
> muppet format I was using..), and hey - sit back and watch the ride -
> yum is doing its thing.
> Thanks for spotting my stupid error.
>
> Dave

You should consider using a profile file for the bash environment like:

/etc/profile.d/proxy.sh

export http_proxy=http://host.com:port/
export ftp_proxy=http://host.com:port/
export no_proxy=.domain.com
export HTTP_PROXY=http://host.com:port/
export FTP_PROXY=http://host.com:port/

This will set the proxy globally.

Please check to use a different mail system too. This bloody MS Exchange
server always destroys the thread, means each message by you appears as
a single message because the mailer eliminates the referencing header
tags. The disclaimer part is nonsense when posting to public and
archived mailing list. (I can give you a gmail invitation if you like
that.)

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:00:33 up 20:12, 16 users, 0.20, 0.33, 0.25