FC3 fail to activate (modem) with error 2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Mar 10 16:45:43 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 10.03.2005 schrieb Fedora Q um 17:33:

> > Biggest problem is the modem. It all looks the same but maybe I've neglected to tick/untick something.
> > When I ask it to activate modem (ppp0) it doesn't even start to dial just flicks up message saying that
> > it "fail to activate XXX with error 2".
> >
> > Cannot find mention of "error 2" with regard to modem activation in previous threads.
>
> Your modem is an external one or internal?
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention it's an external 56kbps Hayes-type connected to computer via serial port

> johnno

Ok, so it should be no real problem to get it running. You should maybe
"play" with minicom to see whether the modem responds properly. And
please see the notes on

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO-17.html

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:44:11 up 21:56, 16 users, 0.28, 0.27, 0.31