booting from the FC rescue CD

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 17:47:04 UTC 2005

it's possible... i had missed the screen that allowed you to start without
booting/using the system linux.

however, now that i'm in parted, i get an error when i try to 'resize' the
root partition.  i do 'resize 3 A B' and the system returns with 'Filesystem
has incompatible feature enabled'.

i used 'tune2fs -O ^dir_index' /dev/hda(1,2,3,4,5,6,7) in the hopes that the
'dir_index' might be cauing the issue.. (other sites had discussed this)

i still have the same err msg...

i'm using the FC3 rescue cd for parted, and any utils that i need.

any thoughts/ideas...

thanks

-bruce