Unable to set DISPLAY localhost:0.0

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Mar 10 22:01:07 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 10.03.2005 schrieb Linux Beginner um 22:09:

> Thanks for the input. I tried invoking ssh with x option. Still
> no results. Can anyone throw more light on this?

First: please do not top-post. Place your reply text below the stripped
quotes.

Second: you will have to be more specific. "Still no results" can mean
everything. For many situations "ssh -X user at remotehost" should be
enough. Some applications need more trust and you will have to use "ssh
-Y user at remotehost". This is documented in the FC3 release notes. You
will get according error messages when "-X" is not enough. Please be
that specific and post error messages or something like that in future.
Keep in mind that it is you requesting help and that our view has to go
through your eyes and relies on your more or less verbose descriptions
:)

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:55:23 up 1 day, 3:07, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.13