dual boot linux and windows xp

Rick Chen rick.chen at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 11 02:46:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 08:18:21PM -0500, Andrew Breen wrote:
> Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this.  I have
> installed Fedora on a second hard drive so that I could have the
> option of running Windows or Linux when I boot up.  I tried using
> bootpart to edit the NTLDR to boot linux, but I'm probably doing
> something wrong, because Linux fails to boot at all.  It comes up with
> a message that linux cannot be found.  Is there anybody that knows
> what to do to help me?  Thanks!
> -Andrew

Hello Andrew Windoze itself does not do a good job of configure boot to
other OS. Under Windoze you need third part software a search google on
"boot manager" will provide many chooses. A simplier way would be during
installation of Fedora let it configure it for you! I think Fedora will
prompt for boot loader option after partition option and before network
option.