2 Ethernet ports for double speed?

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 11 03:09:35 UTC 2005

Guys, I like working things out for myself but would just like a leg up
on where to start.

I've just replaced an aging HP PIII 600 server with a whitebox server
running a gigabyte dual processor board.

This board also has dual ethernet ports.

I'm using a standard FS108 Netgear switch.

Is it possible to use the second ethernet port together with the first
to create a 200Mbps link to the rest of my private network instead of a
100Mbps one?

If it is possible WITHOUT spending too much money, could you kindly
point me to a tutorial/howto or keywords to use with google as I don't
even know the terminology :)

Regards,
Ed.