Bochs trouble

Coert Waagmeester coertw3 at gawab.com
Fri Mar 11 05:01:22 UTC 2005

Hi all!

When I use bochs on FC3, the virtual machine is terribly slow, and when
it is working, my real cpu usage according to top and xosview is 100% on
either CPU0 or CPU1 (I have a Pentium 4 HT 2.8 GHz and use the SMP
kernel).

Is it strange that it does that, or should I ignore it? I also cant
figure out what IPS I should use on my machine. I currently use
9,000,000. and I use the normal Bochs bios. the 2 processor one also
works.
Can someone tell me what IPS I can use with my specific processor?

Kind regards and happy Linuxing,
Coert