Still no sendmail - but a clue?

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:51:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:58:57 +0000, William John Murray
<w.murray at rl.ac.uk> wrote:
>    Hello again,
>              I have been stuck, able to 'send email' from mail clients,
> unable to use sendmail for systems logs etc.  I think dns is OK, but
> still get errors dsn 5.6.0 stat="Data Format Error"

Did you check the maillogs,add the entry for mail.err in syslog.conf/

entry will be like this

mail.err                                     /var/log/mail/errors

create a file errors under the /var/log/mail.

Check both the maillogs and errors

You will able to trace the problem or hopefully make a step further.

I am using Postfix so knows more about postfix .

Regards

Ankush