httpd.conf trouble

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Mar 11 16:59:58 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 11.03.2005 schrieb Duncan Lithgow um 17:54:

> Trying to run httpd in fc3.
> I would have thought I could get this right by now...
>
> Why doesn't this work?:
>
> # DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
> DocumentRoot "/mnt/SharedFiles/www"
>
> It just keeps saying
>
> "DocumentRoot must be a directory"
>
> It *is* a directory, apache is a member of the owning group, i can get
> into the folder myself no trouble. it's fat32 on a different partition -
> but i had it working in fc2, so what's the problem? This is really
> starting to bug me...

> Duncan

I think the error message is confusing. And I bet you have SELinux
enabled. So did you do anything needed for the combination of Apache and
SELinux? Do you see avc / audit messages in the /var/log/messages syslog
file?

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:58:19 up 1 day, 22:10, load average: 0.62, 0.58, 0.49