Can Federa be installed by updating Red Hat?

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 19:30:37 UTC 2005

patrick (and others!!)

i've been going through this process for over a week now.. i gave up, and
simply blew away the disk!!!

however, it should be possible to get to FC3 from RH, although you might be
advised to do it in a few steps. ie RH->FC1, FC1->FC3.

if you're going to do it, you need to make sure your partitions are seetup
to allow you to have the room on the '/' (boot) partition to accommodate the
new files/os. you should also do a bit of research to see if anyone's had
issues with your particular hardware prior to starting...

while it didn't work for me, i'm prett well convinced that if you are a
reasonable good admin, you can get it done with no issues. i stated admin,
because if you run into issues, you're going to want to have the skills to
resolve them or you might wind up blowing away your disk, and starting from
scratch!!

peace...

-bruce