EMERGENCY - need to secure my server against an ongoing SPAMMER

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:11:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 07:01, Bob Brennan wrote:
> > If you followed the instructions I gave, they'd be in /var/spool/mqueue.spam
> >
> > Did you delete that directory too? There may have been non-spam messages
> > there too.
>
> bad bad me - I figured out how to delete all the files in the mail
> queue before receiving your instructions and (again bad I know) saw
> that as a first priority.

Next time make a 'junk' directory parallel to mqueue and move the
contents there so you have a chance to examine them later or move
back valid ones.  The headers will show the ip address the message
was accepted from so you may be able to track down the sender (likely
a local windows box with a virus).

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com