Multiple DHCP'd addresses on one NIC

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Mar 11 22:56:03 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 11.03.2005 schrieb Aaron O'Hara um 23:26:

> I have my firewall connected to my cable modem with one a single NIC.
> (I have another NIC for my LAN).  My public NIC is set to DHCP an
> address from my ISP.
>
> Is it possible with Fedora to setup multiple virtual adapters that have
> unique MAC addresses (that I generate) that all DHCP an address from my
> ISP?  This way, I'd have multiple public IPs bound to one physical
> adapter.

You really think the ISP would assign you several IPs this way? I don't
believe that. At least it would be some kind of misuse.

I suggest you ask your provider for official possibilities or rent a
server with multiple public IPs in a computer center (rack center).

> -- Aaron

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:53:47 up 2 days, 4:05, load average: 0.20, 0.38, 0.42