Anyone using the rpm.livna.org Nvidia driver in FC3?

Jeffrey Burns jeff at jeffreyburns.net
Sat Mar 12 00:28:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-03 at 10:08 -0500, Neal Wilkinson wrote:
> on the web site it says "If you are planning to use rpm.livna.org
> packages with Fedora Core 3, please note that fedora.us has not yet made
> packages for this distribution available. Dependencies can instead be
> satisfied by using fedora.us' packages for Fedora Core 2. Please see the
> News Section for more information."
>
> I've seen posts where it appears people are using it in FC3. Anyone
> here?

I am. You're going to need the up to date nvidia-glx and kernel-module-
nvidia packages. Note that these packages aren't in Livna STABLE, they
are in TESTING:

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.testing/.

You can either grab them from there or set this up as a channel in your
favourite dependency solver (yum, apt4rpm, I'm using smart.) I've been
using them for the last 2 kernel releases without a problem although the
last kernel module release lagged behind the kernel release by about a
week i think.