[Offlist] Re: fedora booting without a monitor.

Bruce Douglas bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 01:34:30 UTC 2005

brian/all,

to recap. i had a server with RH8 that ran with no probs as a remote server (no keyboard/no mouse/no monitor).

i installed FC3 on the box, didn't touch anything regarding the bios. FC3 came up with a test monitor, and displayed a lot of seriously ugly pixels, indicating that there was/is a video issue. i found something from a post, and changed a setting in the xcore.conf (i believe.. can't recall right now).

this cleared up the pixel/monitor issue, and allowed me to see that FC3 was up/running as it should. i unplugged the mouse/keyboard/monitor, and fired the machine up...

and it hung!! troubleshooting led me to the current status. i can boot with the monitor alone, and the boxe comes up. i remove the monitor, and the box hangs...

i though about the video card/bios issue, but then it never should have worked with RH8, if it were a BIOS issue...

there have been some similar posts which is what led me to the 'vga=0/off...'

it appears to be an issue with FC3...

any thoughts/comments/etc...

-bruce

ps. i'm running an intel 815 mobo, and there is no 'headless' setting in the bios...