UW-IMAP on fc3?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:27:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 10:55, mrofedora at eastgranby.k12.ct.us wrote:
> I'm wondering whether it is possible to install the uw-imap rpm
> (imap-2002?) from Fedora 1 into Fedora 3.  I recently upgraded from Fedora
> 1 to Fedora 3 and am having corruption problems with dovecot with mbox
> formatted files.  All of our imap access is via squirrelmail using
> 127.0.0.1.

You would have a fair chance if you get the src rpm and rebuild the
binary on FC3.  However another alternative would be to convert your
mailboxes to maildir format which is a lot less likely to be
corrupted due to locking issues because new deliveries go to separate
files.  Both procmail and dovecot can handle maildirs.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com