forgot to mount /home during installation

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Mar 13 02:30:31 UTC 2005

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH FL wrote:

> the problem I am having is I am trying to pull files from the red hat
> 8 hd to the fedora drive and it keeps
> bouncing the duplicated LABEL=/boot error at me and that's what I was
> asking for.
>
> the slash home thing was only being used and an example.
> if I enter what you said in the mtab and fstab would I be able to
> mount the other HD
> and pull the files over?
>
> EFM

Now I think I understand what you want ;)
If the error occurs after booting , then here's what you can do.. Edit
the fstab and replace "LABEL=/boot" with the
real device. This way , the system will not try to do a mount by
label... Another possible solution is changing the labels of all filesystems
to something other than "/" , "/boot" and "/home" for example.. I used
"/fc1" as the label of the root partition of FC1 when I reinstalled
my system some time ago to use the test releases... To change the labels
, use e2label for ext2/ext3 filesystems. Then , put the new labels in fstab
and everything should work perfectly...

--
Pedro Macedo