forgot to mount /home during installation

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Mar 13 04:57:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 21:22 -0500, Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH FL
wrote:
> the problem I am having is I am trying to pull files from the red hat 8 hd
> to the fedora drive and it keeps
> bouncing the duplicated LABEL=/boot error at me and that's what I was asking
> for.
>
> the slash home thing was only being used and an example.
> if I enter what you said in the mtab and fstab would I be able to mount the
> other HD
> and pull the files over?

don't edit mtab.  The system maintains that.

Yes, if you relable one of the /boot partitions then you can do as
suggested for mounting.

Also, if you know the partition device name (/dev/hda1 for example) you
can use that with a line such as
/dev/hda1    /mountpoint    ext3  .........  same as on the /boot
partition.
However. you meed to either use the device name for both in fstab or
change a label on one to something different.