Seting up PXE in FC3

stephan schutter rhl at farorbit.com
Sun Mar 13 06:43:05 UTC 2005

HI,

I have been looking for a good resource to configure PXE in FC3 for a
while... I can not seem to get it to work... here is my setup:

<top of my dhcpd.conf>
ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-updates on;
allow bootp;
allow booting;
#filename "/tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI/BStrap";
class "pxeclients" {
  match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient";
  next-server 10.0.0.100;
  filename "netboot.img"; <== the netboot.img is a DR DOS floppy image
using Power Quest.

</top of my dhcpd.conf>

and:
service tftp
{
       disable = no
       socket_type             = dgram
       protocol                = udp
       wait                    = yes
       user                    = root
       server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
       server_args             = /tftpboot
       per_source              = 11
       cps                     = 100 2
       flags                   = IPv4
}

that should be it... I have dell boxes capable of PXE; but i get errors
like tftp timeout and "client does not take options". Is there a step by
step guide for PXE on Linux?