OT: Worth learning python?

Irving, Dave Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com
Sun Mar 13 11:47:57 UTC 2005

> Most definitely.  Most of the "glue" in the Linux OS (not the kernel
itself btw),
> especially the Red Hat/Fedora distros, is tending to be Python these
days.
> All the administrative GUIs are python, yum is python, most things if
not C/C++
> are python.  And Python is pretty easy to learn compared to most
languages, and is
> a pleasure to program in.

I've been looking through the python on-line docs, and I definitely like
the look of it.
>From what you have said, it certainly seems worth learning.
I've been very impressed with the on-line docs and tutorials - and with
the huge amount of python modules im finding to look at in my fedora 3
install I think I'll skip the book for now and pick it up as I go along!
It also seems that there is a good Python plug-in for the Eclipse IDE (I
couldn't live without Eclipse!) - so I think I'll check that out too!

Thanks for the info!

> --
> Deron Meranda
> --