Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Mar 13 13:09:43 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 13:04, Irving, Dave wrote:
> Really sorry to be a pain...
you're not.
> I've just got in to qtparted, and I've noticed that I've already got a
> small 'hidden' partition.
> My details look like this:
> /dev/hda:
>
>    Partition  Type Status Size    Start   End
> 01 /dev/hda1  ntfs Active 55.88GB 0.03MB  55.83GB
> 02 /dev/hda-1 free Hidden 7.84MB  55.88GB 55.89GB
>
> >From the posts earlier, I was expecting a single active partition.
> Should I just go ahead and resize partition 01 (/dev/hda)? I have no
> idea what partition 02 (/dev/hda-1) is for!!! Will resizing 01 with 02
> around screw stuff up?
I would expect '/dev/hda-1' to be a hidden 'system recovery' thing. It is
right at the end of your disk (note the start and end values).
shrinking /dev/hda1 should not affect this, and FC probably won't care about
it either... you should be able to go ahead and just ignore the hidden part,
resize /dev/hda1  and install FC.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP