Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 13 14:27:29 UTC 2005

Irving, Dave wrote:
>>>Just checked that site and it's a linux tool right? So do I just burn
>

>>>it on to CD and boot my XP box from it?
>

>>absolutely. works like a charm.
>

> Uh-oh.......
> Just booted from the CD, and it gets a little way thru start up, and
> then dies:
>
> * APM BIOS found, power management functions enabled [ok]
> * Mouse is Generic PS/2 Wheel Mouse at /dev/psaux    [ok]
> * Starting USB and PCI hotplugging.....
> Oops: 0000
> CPU:     0
> EIP: 0010:[<e0b41117d>]  Tainted: PF
> [blah, blah, blah, stack, call trace et...]
> /etc/hotplug/pci.agent: line 173: 1299 Segmentation fault $MODPROBE
> $MODULE >/dev/null &2>1
> <3>i810_rng: RNG not detected
> eth0: no IPv6 routers present
>
> Then nothing..... It just sits there......
>
> Anyone know what I can do now?
>
> Dave

There is an option in HP BIOS that refers to USB legacy. You might need
to disable this option to prevent hanging systems when you do get FC
running on your computer. The USB legacy is not needed for XP or FC,
disabling it should not effect your system.

Jim

--
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.