Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Irving, Dave Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com
Sun Mar 13 14:47:49 UTC 2005

>> Default Label        Device
>>   x     Fedora Core  /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
>>         other        /dev/hda1
>>
>> Is this ok? Or does the fact that it hasn't detected it mean that its
>> not going to be able to launch XP later on???

> It's OK, "other" is your WinXP system.

Thanks!

>> Bart also said earlier that I should use grub in the master boot
>> record. Could someone tell me how I set this in the install?

>It's the default setup, if you don't choose anything else GRUB will be in your MBR.

Yeah, I hit the "advanced boot loader configuration" option and figured that out in the end. Thanks for the confirmation!

Really appreciate all the help - sorry if I seem so dumb - I've just never had to deal with partitions / dual boots before - and Im very new to linux too.
Im just very worried about screwing up £800 of kit - so am probably posting more than I should be....

Thanks!

Dave