Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Irving, Dave Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com
Sun Mar 13 14:56:31 UTC 2005

> You may find a small (40MB or so) FAT partition on the original disk.

> It's the XP "utility partition".  If it's there, leave it alone.

When I resized with qtparted, I did notice a small partition marked as
"hidden".
When I did the resize, it seemed to gobble this up in to the new free
space.
XP started and seemed to operate fine after this though....
(Hope I haven't screwed anything!).

> Technically, after dual-booting the system, you will probably void
your warranty,
> so don't tell HP about it.

I don't doubt it, and I don't intend to :o)

> The nasty dual-boot bug of FC2 appears to be a thing of the past.

Ah, is this the "hard disk geometry" thing
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html
)? I stumbled across that earlier and was really really hoping I
wouldn't have to deal with it later (I wouldn't mind going out this
evening if I get a chance :o)
If its gone, then that's one less hassle to deal with!

> Good luck and enjoy!   Erik

Thanks,

Dave