Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Bart Couvreur bercie23 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 16:08:42 UTC 2005

--- "Irving, Dave" <Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who has helped with this today.
> I can now report that my laptop is dual booted and I
> have successfully
> launched both XP and Fedora 3 from the Grub boot
> loader.
> I am very very happy! Thanks!
>
> Only one thing didn't go to plan.... I've got no
> sound (on Fedora 3).
> My laptop is a HP Pavilion ze2000.
> Soundcard detection picked up:
>
> Vendor: Intel
> Model: Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
> AC'97 Audio Controller
> Module: snd-intel8x0
>
> At install, I tried the "play test sound" and
> nothing came out....
> I've now completed the install, and need to try and
> set this up
> (obviously the "sound card detection" in System
> Settings doesn't work!).
>
> Can anyone help with that?
>
> Im so close to having the perfect set up now! :o)
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

I had this problem too and no I have sound:

1. System Settings > Sound Card Detection: anwser that
you hear sound (although you don't)
2. Go to Preferences > Sound and in the first pane set
both checkboxes on
3. Go to the volume-indicator at the right,
right-click and select open, and put everything
(Master, Master Mono, Headphone and PCM up and NOT
muted)
4. Restart Fedora and normaly you will have sound

You're there almost :)!

Ciao
Bart