Don't Waste Time on Fedora Mailing List Archive Searches - Search Engine Broken

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Sun Mar 13 17:06:50 UTC 2005

M. Fioretti wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 09:37:08 AM -0500, Mark Weaver
>(mdw1982 at mdw1982.com) wrote:
>

>>heh! obviously they're not using Swish-e, or if they are its
>>definitely not indexing the archives correctly.
>>

>Of course, the fact that you and David (**) keep bloating the
>archives, posting and posting again the same whole message just to add
>two or three lines every time, doesn't help the indexer, does it?
>
>Ciao,
>	Marco
>
>(**) like many other posters do in other threads, of course. This was
>just funnier because its subject is exactly the inability of the
>archives to provide useful results with simple searches...

As your message demonstrates, Marco, preservation of context is
important.  Strip away the context and it is impossible for the reader
to discern the substance of the original thread which made it clear that
the fedora-list archive search engine could not be relied upon to find
material on any topic regardless of  any possible redundancy in message
content.  It can find ONE, much less 50 or 100!

Your problem apparently has more to do with personal issues than with
substance.  If you have a problem with me, find the balls to address me
directly with the issue.