sendmail under AOL (Was still no sednamil but a clue)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Mar 13 19:03:01 UTC 2005

Am So, den 13.03.2005 schrieb William John Murray um 19:45:

>   Thank to all those who helped me with this. I learnt a lot!
>
>   I discovered that:
>  *) AOL does pull all port 25 traffic into their server

You say server and certainly mean proxy, which does anti-spam checking
and more.

>  *) Port 587 is not trapped - but my smtp server does not seem
>      to support it

Curious, just yesterday I explained you with details how to achieve
that.

+++ quote +++

wide and not just for German users - to send your mail through AOL by
using the submission port 587. To do so set

define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `IPC $h 587')dnl

in the sendmail.mc, and in the mailertable something like

        relay:[your.aol.smtp.host.com]

+++ quote +++

>     Bill

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:00:23 up 22:33, 17 users, 0.81, 0.61, 0.50