Info: NeroLINUX published - Nero burning software for Linux platforms

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 20:27:27 UTC 2005

--- a a <lacadaemon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sean:
>
> > I don't see any reason to use this & I don't see
> what Nero are trying to do.
>
> it is plain obvious that you have not considered
> that what Nero is
> tryong to do is expand to providing a product for
> the linux os. that
> is not a sinister move, it is a recognition of the
> growing popularity
> of linux
>
> > Nero is very sucessful on windows, as there are
> not many good alternatives, there are on linux.
>
> untrue. Nero is very successful on windows cos it is
> simply one of the
> best apps, there are tens and tens of alternatives
>
> > If you are expected to pay for a product (you must
> purchase nero6 to download linuxnero) on Linux, you
> expect support at least, if not a nice
> system/interface.
>
> Nero are not expecting people to buy a windows
> license so they can
> obtain a linux version. this is simply Nero saying
> "hey we recognise
> that linux is an os to code for and we better start
> somewhere by
> making an effort at a linux implementation" they
> cant support it cos
> they dont as yet have a linux infrastructure ... it
> is obvious that
> this is an emerging project
>
> > It sems to me as if they are trying to make sales
> by appealing somewhat to the Linux community, but
> sadly have gotten it very very wrong.
>
> you got it very very wrong Sean. if everyone had
> your defensive,
> partisan, entrenched attitude to developments then
> very little would
> ever be achieved.
>
> i say well done to Nero for making the effort and
> wish then every
> success with their project and maybe one day they
> can aspire to a
> linux app that everyone will want to use, just like
> they did on
> windows
>
> --

I do not want to add to the flames already started,
but some people already run Nero on their linux
machines via Wine.  If Nero wants its Burning Suite to
run natively under Linux, it is up to them (welcome to
the linux world).  Linux already has excellent
applications like k3b and xcdroast which I have used.
I could say that both Sean and a a have great
perspectives on what they think about Nero making the
move to linux.

Regards,

Antonio