Lan to Wan reprise

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Mar 13 20:53:47 UTC 2005

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Claude Jones wrote:
>
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>>> I have almost exactly the same setup as you up and running. See my
>>> firewall iptables script (it may help you):
>>> http://pembo13.dalive.com/scripts/bash/firewall.php
>>>
>> I'm looking at your script now. When I get done with all the mods to
>> work with my system, how do I run it? Forgive me for I'm new to all
>> this...
>>
> No prob. I've been there myself. To run you can run either of the
> floowing commands:
>
> 1) $ sh firewall.sh
>
> or
>
> 2) $ chmod +x firewall.sh          # you shoudl only need to run this
> first command the first time you attempt this method
>    $ ./firewall.sh

Thanks. I did figure this one out. I'm still finding it hard to figure
out where to put this script once it works, and how to run it at
boot-time. Meanwhile, even though the firewall starts and stops and the
rules seem right, I'm still not getting out from the Lan. DHCPD seems
fine - my inside machines get addresses, and they can ping the outside
NIC on the Linux box, and they can see the one page on my web server.
But, that's as far as they can get.