Dual Boot with FC3-partitioning, how ?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Mar 14 00:37:31 UTC 2005

hblennox wrote:
> I don't have Partition Magic :(
> How does that creating the swap-partition work ?
> Do I have to create an extra partition (thus it being 3 partitions on the first drive) or will the linux partition be cut during installation?

The linux distribution can partition the unused space. All you needed
was to partition the space for windows. You could then do the rest of
the partitioning with FC and its partitioning tools that are in the program.

When you install Linux, it should detect the already installed Windows
version and add a choice in the bootloader.

 From there, you should be able to get the partitionig scheme that you
desire.

No partitioning programs outside the distro are actually needed.

Jim

--
Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.