Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Kumara kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Mon Mar 14 05:04:32 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Irving, Dave" <Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: Fedora core 3 / XP dual boot

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this today.
I can now report that my laptop is dual booted and I have successfully
launched both XP and Fedora 3 from the Grub boot loader.
I am very very happy! Thanks!

Only one thing didn't go to plan.... I've got no sound (on Fedora 3).
My laptop is a HP Pavilion ze2000.
Soundcard detection picked up:

Vendor: Intel
Model: Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller
Module: snd-intel8x0

At install, I tried the "play test sound" and nothing came out....
I've now completed the install, and need to try and set this up
(obviously the "sound card detection" in System Settings doesn't work!).

Can anyone help with that?

Im so close to having the perfect set up now! :o)

Many thanks,

Dave
Congratulations!
But I wonder why you did not get sound, now, you may probe into ALSA and
sound card detection.
Mohan